Dates for your diaries include:
- 1 June: it’s time for an NNT coach trip to the beach! We’re looking forward to spending a day in St Annes with all the families we support. Coaches will leave St John’s at 09:30 and return around 18:00 – to book your place please contact Ruth Haygarth.
- 2 June: a special craft and poetry fun day for all the children during half term as part of our preparations for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Join us from 11:30 – 15:00.
- 14 June: volunteer’s meeting at St John’s from 12:00
- 18 June: we’re joining forces with Burnley Youth Theatre to host an ‘afternoon tea from around the world’ to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Contact Ruth Haygarth for tickets.
- 9 July: we’re planning an entertaining summer fundraising event from 19:30 at The Landmark, Burnley. Join us for live music, pie & pea supper and a raffle & auction with some fantastic prizes. Please contact Vikki Boyd – [email protected] – to purchase your tickets – £18 per person or if you can’t make it why not donate the cost of a ticket so one of our asylum seekers / refugees can attend in your place?09:30
- Social drop-in sessions: every Tuesday from 13:00 – 15:00 at St John’s church hall, Ivy Street, Burnley.
- Advice & advocacy sessions: help with form filling and other essential support every Tuesday and Thursday at St John’s church hall from 10:00 – 12:00 – by appointment only. From 4 May, every Wednesday from 12:30 – 14:30 at Padiham town hall – no appointment required.
- Men’s badminton and table tennis at St Peter’s Centre: every Wednesday get in touch with Tony Gardiner on 07930 839916 if you’re interested.
- Women’s group: third Thursday of every month.
- Conversational English & coffee: every Thursday from 10:00 – 11:30 at St John’s church hall – just turn up. To find out more about formal ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) classes have a chat with one of our volunteers at the drop-in sessions.